Remote. £400-600 per day
We’re looking for a freelance web designer to provide extra capacity for our client work over the next 6 to 12 months. The work will be on a project to project contract basis initially, but it could turn into a more permanent role for the right candidate.
Third Sector Design develops websites, CRM systems and web apps for nonprofits. We build long term relationships with our clients, helping them maximise their impact through appropriate technologies. We’re looking for people that are passionate about using their skills to make a difference to the work of non profit organisations.
We are a small organisation (5 permanent staff) that work primarily remotely, though we do meet up face to face approximately 4 times per year. There may be opportunities for face to face work as part of this role.
Day to day work
You will work closely with our team of account managers and developers to create:
- accessible, attractive websites that express our client’s brands
- component based design systems for websites and web applications
- Gutenberg themes and components for our WordPress sites
- information architectures for websites based on client requirements
- wireframes and prototypes for common non profit workflows (e.g. donations, event sign up, membership management, online directories, case management, etc.)
Skills and experience
We are looking for candidates that can demonstrate that they have most (though not necessarily all) of the following skills and experience:
- designing websites and web application user interfaces
- experience working with non profit clients
- creating Gutenberg based themes for WordPress sites
- writing modern HTML and CSS
- understanding of accessibility and usability best practices
- creating information architectures and UX to meet user needs
- service design and design thinking
- knowledge of CiviCRM or similar products
How to apply
We'd be happy to have an initial chat and answer any questions you have about this role. Please email email@example.com and we'll get back to you.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering email that outlines why you would like to work with us, and a portfolio of recent work that demonstrates your skills and experience, and anything else that you think is relevant to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in contact to arrange an initial interview.
There is no specific deadline for applications but we are expecting projects to start in Septmember 2023, and expect to be finalising freelancers in August, so please bear this in mind when you are applying.
Finally, please see our careers page for more information about jobs and opportunities at Third Sector Design.