What it does
SMS conversation allows you to create automated SMS conversations with contacts in CiviCRM and take actions based on the answers you receive.
Some key features:
- Record answers received in core and custom contact fields
- Add contacts to groups based on how they answer a question
- Validate answers using lists of acceptable answers or or advanced pattern matching (with configurable 'I didn't understand what you said' responses)
- Branch the survey and ask different questions depending on the answer to previous questions. For example, if someone says that the environment is their most important issue, ask them if they would like to donate to the environment fund.
- Use inbound text messages to start conversations, e.g. text 'join' to 800225 to answer a few questions and join our party (required CiviRules).
How to use it
You can download SMS conversation here.
Third Sector Design worked in conjunction with Matthew Wire from MJW Consulting to develop this extension.
Feedback and contributions are very welcome.
Get in contact if you need any help with this extension.
We are currently working on another extension called Chatbot, that builds on the SMS Conversation extension to include other chat services, such as Facebook Messenger, so check this out if this is of interested to you or get in touch if you would like us to work on something similar for you.